Garmin Works Weather Information Into Pilot App for Apple
Garmin has updated its Garmin Pilot app for Apple devices. Update 9.3 includes a number of enhancements, focusing on weather and airspace alerting. Following is a list of updates:
- When viewing the flight profile view alongside a flight plan within Garmin Pilot, customers can view the probability or severity of icing at particular altitudes through color-coded shading.
- The radar overlay on the moving map now includes the projected path of a storm cell. If hail or tornadic activity is present, a corresponding icon will also be displayed alongside the particular storm cell line.
- Garmin Pilot 9.3 adds airspace alerting to notify pilots prior to entering select airspace segments. Which airspace types pilots receive alerts for can be customized in the app.
- Pilots that utilize a GDL 69, GDL 51 or GDL 52 who also have a valid SiriusXM Aviation Weather subscription can now view the surface analysis layer on the moving map.
- Pilots can now utilize pinch-to-zoom gestures on the traffic page to view traffic targets when Garmin Pilot is paired with an ADS-B In receiver. They can also select whether traffic information is displayed in relative or absolute altitude.
- Extended runway centerlines have been improved to display mile marker segments so it’s easier to determine distance from the runway while on final approach.
- The Garmin Pilot aircraft library has grown to include aircraft performance profiles for Cessna, Mooney and Piper.
Published at Wed, 09 May 2018 21:18:05 +0000